Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sep ATC Session in Bishan Library - Found Poetry

Do you always admire those who can write poems? I do.  From some international ATC swaps I did previously, I found out about haiku and found poetry. Now I'm writing my own. That aside, I'm eager to share such poetry writing with more. 

I hosted and introduced participants to found poetry in our Sep ATC session.  Initially, all focused hard on the pages from an old book, then we had scissors clipping away.  It wasn't hard and we were all so impressed with each other's creations and found poems. The children did really well too (those marker pen backgrounds which they did on the spot)! 
In between, they were tracing and cutting some ATC sleeves with a template I did.


I did my "Autumn" ATCs with a quote I like.
Swapped for Autumn ATCs by Jessica and Selina.  I did the "Artists" ATC, but not as impressive as the found poem "Canaries" done by little girl, Zi Yue, during the session - "he looked skyward and unseen canaries began chirping".  Lovely!   


The theme for Oct session is "Halloween". No real eerie or religious stuff though.

No comments: