Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Shuttles, More Amazing Works from Vicki, Motif No. 16/25 and Wizard of Oz

The artistic-looking acrylic shuttles made by Craig are pretty to look at, and since they are the bobbin-type, I just have to get my hands on them. They are bulkier than what they looked in the photo and do not come with hook (the one on both ends are GR8 shuttles). Well, I haven't tried using them, so no verdict yet.Dakota Burl in the centre, Acrylic Black And White Pearl on the right and Acrylic Yellow And Gold on the left.

Remember my summertime exchange from Vicki ? Well, we thought it was lost after waiting for 2 months and Vicki is such a gem to prepare another one for me. This time, it arrived much faster. See these treasures Vicki made - a thimble with a tatted holder, an amulet bag starched to look like an ornament! Can't thank her enough!
And here's my latest Motif No. 16/25 for the coming Christmas season - a quick tree motif tatted in 1 round if you can manage split ring and split chain. I haven't managed to draw the diagram out yet, it might be a bit difficult to follow the written pattern. I think the pattern cannot be enlarged, I will try to get the diagram done and re-post the pattern.

(11 Nov 08: Added the diagram in the pattern. I don't know why the following can't be enlarged, so if anyone wants to have the pattern, you can leave a comment with your email address or retrieve the pdf file from HBT's files:

We just came back from the muscial, Wizard of Oz, held at the Drama Centre Theatre. The script was developed by John Kane and the Royal Shakespeare Company, this is the best "children" muscial we have watched so far. Stretching 2 hours, the length is just nice. Props, settings and costumes are appropriate, creative and colourful. Songs are delightful. Yes, we enjoyed every moment. Now, we're waiting for 27 Nov for the next musical, Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, directed by Hossan Leong!

23 comments:

Maureen said...

I took my grandchildren to see the Wizard of Oz here in Brisbane, a while ago, and they loved it too. What a cute tree for Christmas - you're right, the page doesn't want to enlarge.

Unknown said...

The Stage versiom of Wizard of Oz looks like a nice production. Your tree motif is very nice!

Gina said...

I LOVE your tree bookmark. And right, I couldn't get the pattern to enlarge.

Shay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jullie Teo said...

Wow, I like the Christmas Motif... Mmm maybe we can do it together during our gathering...

Singtatter said...

Even though I re-do the picture for the pattern, it can't be enlarged, I can't figure it out since I did the same for the few earlier patterns too. Anyway, if you can access HBT files and would like the pattern, just leave a comment with your email and I will email the pattern to you.

Yes, Jullie, we can tat this tree in our coming meeting. Bring your shuttles and threads! Do you have any simple crochet design of angel, tree, snowflake, bell or wreath that we can do also ? I need to revise my crochet and at the same time, finish more Christmas gifts!

Jullie Teo said...

Hi Ellen,

Ok, I'll bring along some nice patterns... :) Can't wait to meet next week....

Singtatter said...

What threads/yarns do I need to bring, crochet hook size ?

Gina said...

Thanks Ellen. I'm a HBT member but never thought to look there. Lovely pattern.

Umintsuru said...

Hi Ellen, Thanks for the invite to the gathering. May I request a copy of your tree bookmark? I love to tate split rings and would really love to try.

Shay said...

May I get a copy of this as well? It's a lovely pattern for holiday gift-giving.

Singtatter said...

I have sent the pattern to Wendy yesterday, and just sent to Shay. Have fun tatting it. Gina seem to have some trouble following, it may be confusing to keep switching shuttles, but my aim is to tat the tree in one round and to use whichever shuttle most convenient. And chains with picots face downwards, the other chains without picot face upwards.

TAT19540 said...

I would like a copy of the pattern emailed. I couldn't get it to enlarge either. It looks darling and would make a special gift to give to my children I drive (I drive special needs children). My email address is sascribner@sbcglobal.net . Thanks.

Singtatter said...

Sue, I have just emailed the pattern to you.

Shay, I'm not sure if you received the pattern, as I'm not sure of your email address. If you did not receive it, please let you know your email address & I'll send again.

Shay said...

My email is blueprairie@yahoo.com. I would be very grateful for a copy; it's a beautiful pattern and just what I am looking for, to make as a present for a friend.

Umintsuru said...

Thank you for the tree pattern. It was not easy but its done. It is an unusual pattern and I enjoyed it. Thank you!!

am I still me? said...

The tree motive is awesome. I would love to have the pattern. Did you design it yourself? I have tried to design a couple of things, but with very little luck. Most turn out to be a garbled mess. I can never have too many bookmarks, and I can follow patterns.... (-:

forevertrue@earthlink.net

Singtatter said...

Thanks, Wendy, for trying out the pattern!

Hi, am I still me! Sorry, can't find any name to address you. Well, yes, I designed the tree myself. I just started to design only beginning this year after tatting for almost 10 years, so take heart! I have just sent the pattern file to you, hope you receive it. Just ask if you have any problem with it.

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I love the tree pattern. Can you please send me a copy. I was unable to open the link. I also have enjoyed your other tatting patterns. Thank you for sharing them with us. My e-mail address is
elizsummer@aol.com

Kersti said...

I love the Christmas Tree pattern - can you possibly email it to me??? kersti at gmail dot com

Singtatter said...

Dear Kersti, I have sent the pattern to you. Hoope you will enjoy tatting it :)

sewingnanac said...

would love to have the christmas tree tatting pattern.....gradycochran@bellsouth.net is my email....thank you......it's just precious....love it!

Singtatter said...

Hi sewingnanac, I have sent the pattern to your email earlier today. Happy holidays!