Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tatted Doily For Mona

This was sent to Mona in Malaysia last week for the Doily Exchange. Square Dalia doily - pattern of Iris Niebach - the original pattern is a square. I tatted it with Flora 20, but it was slightly smaller than 5”, I went on to add another row on all the 4 sides to make the square looks “round”. Ended up with many more ends to sew in, but I thought it was worth the effort. The doily is now 6 to 6 1/2" across, depending on which side you are measuring.

10 comments:

Marty said...

This is very striking! I like the colors you've used and that final outside round just pulls it all together.

Gina said...

Very cool variation!

:-) Gina

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love what you did with this! The rounded corners are wonderful!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Your doily is so beautiful. Wow...I so love Iris's patterns. I need to make some of them. So much to do so little time.

Tattycat said...

This is beautiful. You did a great job!

Unknown said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Not only did you tat it perfectly the color is done so beautifully! WOW!!! Lucky, lucky Mona!

Jullie Teo said...

Mona is really fortunate!!! :)
Indeed a very nice piece of doily...

Elizabeth said...

Your tatting is perfection itself. Beautiful job on the doily!

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

All I can say is W O W ! ! ! My jaw is still sitting on the desk top!!!! Besides wondering how in the world you did this doily!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

~~RRose Connie~~

Singtatter said...

Thank you everyone for the compliments! I don't tat doily very often, only for exchanges and occassional gifts. Yep, so much to do and so little time. So many beautiful doilies in Iris' books and Linda's patterns too, wonder when will I find time to tat them?