Sunday, December 28, 2008

Motif No. 19/25 - Angel Pam for Pamela's Secret Santa Exchange

My Secret Santa Exchange recipent was Pamela Myers. These were what I sent Pam.
Oops, I forgot the snowflake bookmark! Hope Pam won't mind I took this photo from her blog:
Angel Pam will be Motif No. 19/25. I decided to name this after Pamela, so as to differentiate the different angels that will follow in the coming weeks (hopefully).
Actually, there is another version of Angel Pam (photo below) - this was the first one I tatted. There were some slight differences in the head, the wings and the lower part of the skirt. I personally preferred the skirt of the angel I sent Pam (above), but I couldn't really decide which version was better for the head and the wings! What do you think ?

And if you noticed, yep, a ribbon could be weaved through again, to create a bookmark! Ok, I realise I love thinking up of designs that can be used as a bookmark or a motif for hanging or sewing/mounting onto a backing. Versatile is the word!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, these are some lovely goodies! I like how the head and the wings on the bottom blue angel kind of look like little hearts! Very pretty.

Gina said...

I prefer the blue version myself but both are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ellen you are such a talented tatter. Your designs are amazing and a wonder to look at. I wish you would seriously consider publishing a book with your patterns as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to tat your designs. I am sure that there are a lot of tatters who would love the opportunity. Keep designing your work is beautiful.

Tatskool said...

It was all gorgeous stuff, a lovely present. I like the blue angel as well too, both very pretty.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

All of your items are wonderful, and I'm trying to comprehend tatting 53 bookmarks! Just amazing! Love both of the angels, and the way ribbon can be threaded through. So clever and sweet! Absolutely love the bell from your previous post. Also a question relating to your prior post: Is there really a machine that does tatting (your yellow and black yardage)? Guess I've never been aware of such a thing! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Bonnie said...

Both of your Angel Pams are great but I really like the ribbon bookmark one. Very nice.

Barbara Gordon said...

The angels are adorable..the blue one is my favorite. It's probably the color. Blue is upfront on my color list. Very nice though, both of them.