Monday, October 27, 2008

Raggedy Ann Done, Tatted Heart and Weaved Hearts

After a week of hand-stitching, Raggedy Ann is finally done (phew!) and Kristine is hugging her. For those who have done these fabric dolls, do you hand-stitch them or sew on the machine ?
I didn't get any tatting done this week, only blocked this heart coaster which I completed some time ago. This piece is one of the hardest to block without any template, and I just could not get a sharp tip and as nice a heart-shaped as the original pattern by Denise Giles in the book "Ultimate Book of Tatted Doilies". Anyway, this is what I managed:
Incidentally, Kristine keeps talking about weaving some hearts for her Shichida homework. Not sure if this is what she wants, but Joey is so excited to learn to weave these paper hearts. She is really fast to catch on and understand when it comes to doing handiworks, unlike doing her school work.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your heart doily turned out great! Glad to know your daughter has a dolly to love. Those paper hearts are fun. I've only done them in red paper for one half and white paper for the other half at Christmas time...well, actually they started at Christmas time and by the time Valentine's day in February rolled around they were done, LOL! THey got given away as valentines to my friends. Happy crafting!

Maureen said...

I sewed my Frosty the Snowman on the machine

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

I really LOVE your tatted heart! Those are sure some beautiful paper hearts as well. What kind of paper did you use?

~~RRose Connie~~
Going to find some heart patterns to tat.

Singtatter said...

Hi Tattingchic, Maureen, Connie, thanks for stopping by.

For the paper hearts, I normally use origami papers as I use them for corner bookmark. I like it one side to be patterned and the other side plain solid colour. Red and white for Christmas, hmm, will try that!

Gina said...

I make raggedy ann from the mccall's pattern I bought in the early 70's. I hand embroider the face and heart (didn't tat back then) and I hand-sew the yarn hair in, strand by strand, which keeps it solidly in place. I machine sew the rest.

Not long ago I bought some brightly striped fabric to make the neon Raggedy's I've had in mind for years. Maybe this year I'll get to sew them!

Singtatter said...

Wow, Gina, that's an impressive raggedy ann you have made! And a neon Raggedy's !?! Do post about it when it's done!

Jullie Teo said...

Hey, I love the doll!! So cute!!