Sunday, June 15, 2014

Some of the Most Famous Places in New York

21 Oct 2013 (Mon), sunny, 11-18 deg C.
I spent the whole of Monday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Nina was there as a volunteer to repair books, and she got me in as a guest.  I had a little tour of her workplace and had a soup and salad for lunch with Nina at the staff canteen.  The museum is amazing, all those exhibits!  If I could afford the time, even one week would not be enough to  go through everything!

I tagged along with hubby for some of the meals at restaurants designated by the University.  We got to try different foods from Mexican to Asian fusion.  I couldn't say I really enjoyed the food, most tasted just not quite there compared to what we eat in Singapore, but then, there were some nice surprises too.  

I hardly take fast food even at home so no burger at all for the whole trip, but I simply love salads, and I was overwhelmed by the variety of vegetables and salad dressings available everywhere.  Soups too! 

22 Oct 2013 (Tue), cloudy turned sunny, 9-19 deg C.
This was one busy day.  I went to the Top of the Deck at Rockefeller Center for a bird-eye view of the whole city.  Initially cloudy, but the sky cleared before I left!
Next, it was Ripley's Believe It or Not! at Times Square.  Another place with amazing exhibits.  The most gruesome must be the those shrunk heads, with even a 10-step recipe on how to shrink a head to fist size!  I'm not joking.  Although I'm one brave gal, it did feel a bit eerie to walk on my own in the near empty halls looking at the collections.  I reinforced on myself it was the dim settings and purposely done that way!!
Just nearby was Madame Tussauds.  This was my first to the wax museum.  Pretty exciting to meet some of the most famous, just like real!  I was visiting on my own, so when I spied a lone Japanese visitor, we became happy companions and exchanged cameras to took photos for each other!  
Hey, that wasn't all for the day!  How about a dinner cruise on the Duchess?  Awesome sight along the bank, millions of lights dotted the darkness.  Dinner was fantastic too, every single dish, both presentation and taste!  This was one meal I really enjoyed!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What wonderful places you have visited! - I'd love to have seen the Metropolitan Museum, it must be the sort of place where even a year of regular visits wouldn't cover everything.
Thank you for sharing your photos.