Tuesday, April 28, 2009

(Round 2 of the 25 Motif Challenge) Motif No. 1 - Tatted Butterfly on Paper Clip

Paper clip for the month - Butterflies - click on the link for the pattern at Georgia's Online Tatting Class. This is a simple and quick one, and I had designed it such that you can slip a thin ribbon on it to make a bookmark, in addition to tatting it on a paper clip. You can also tie the ribbon in such a way to make a necklace or make the head ring a little bigger and add a metal ring to hang as a pendant on a necklace chain. Quick and sweet gifts for little girls!

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is an adorable paper clip idea, Ellen! Thank you for the link to the pattern. I just found some cute striped paper clips at an office supply store. I bought them thinking that some tatting would look cute on the ends, but I had no idea what to do... now I do!

Tatskool said...

That's a beautiful idea, thanks so much for sharing the pattern.

Marilee Rockley said...

These little butterflies are so lovely!

Stephanie said...

Those are so cute. I made one for a co-worker, now everyone wants one! Thanks for sharing it with us.

tattrldy said...

These are soooo cute! I've already downloaded the pattern and plan to make a few of these. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Singtatter said...

Thank you, it's great knowing you are enjoying these paper clip patterns. I'll worker harder on the patterns for the coming months, still need to think up a few more!